Twilight Imperium Third Edition
Probably the coolest Space Opera board game EVER devised by mortal men. Buy a copy.
From the company’s website:
The galaxy is in limbo. In a time of such betrayal, trust is a word loosely associated with foolishness. As you await the arrival of trade goods, which should have arrived a week ago, you check your daily logs. A transmission hails in and is patched through. It’s the Hacan trade ambassador alerting you that as of now, “All trades are off.” As he does so, proximity klaxons scream through your base and the screen flickers with a sight you never wished to see—a Warsun. The Hacan sold you out, and now they’re having the L1z1x Mindnet do their dirty work.
Twilight Imperium is an epic board game of galactic conquest for three to six players. Each player takes command of one of ten unique civilizations to compete for interstellar supremacy through warfare, trade, uncertain allegiances, and political dominance. Each civilization provides a unique game experience with different abilities and play styles. Will you play as the Emirates of Hacan and preside over every trade agreement made in the galaxy, or will you be the Federation of Sol and rapidly take over worlds in hopes of dominating the entire galaxy? In Twilight Imperium, many paths lead to the center of the galaxy, but every path is forged from broken promises.
The legacy of a ruined empire silently echoes across the stars, its presence still felt as a timeless entity. It is hope. It is a promise. It corrodes the dreams of a peaceful universe into visions of alluring conquest, propelling the entire galaxy into an endless struggle for power.
Shards of the Throne is an epic expansion for Twilight Imperium, adding new races, new units, and many new options to create an even more incredible power struggle in the far reaches of the galaxy.
Mercenaries, Mechanized Units, and all-new Flagship units give players more options for customizing their fleets and Ground Forces, while the Political Intrigue option will crank up the agendas and espionage of the political phase.
Also adding Race-Specific Technologies, alternate Strategy Cards, new System Tiles, Space Domains, and an all-new scenario that puts one player in control of the legendary Lazax Empire, Shards of the Throne creates a completely new way to wage your galactic conquests!
- 40 new plastic unit pieces in all 8 colors
- 3 new races: The Arborec, The Ghosts of Creuss, and The Nekro Virus
- An all-new scenario in which one player controls the legendary Lazax Empire
- New rules options including Mercenaries, Representatives, Mechanized Units, and Flagships
At the end of empire, a faint wind rustled through Salai’s robes. It was a calm, warm evening, and the bruised purple outline of the setting sun was still visible on the horizon. An evening made for calm contemplation and peace.
Verus came to his emperor’s side for the last time. Together, the two stood in the trembling tower, silently witnessing a bloom of fires grow in their city like a garden of destruction.
The next wave of bombardments destroyed the imperial palace and everyone therein.
The Lazax empire has fallen – first into decay, and then, after a long twilight, into history. It is done and gone, but a new day is dawning, and your people have a new chance to mold the Twilight Imperium to the design of your race.
Twilight Imperium: Shattered Empire is an expansion for Twilight Imperium Third Edition. It enhances gameplay with a variety of new options and enables you to play with seven or eight players in an epic struggle for true galactic dominance!
Twilight Imperium: Shattered Empire includes:
- Four never-before-seen races join the struggle for empire!
- Two new colors of plastic units to allow for up to eight players in a single game.
- Dozens of new system tiles, including new special systems such as Ion Storms, Hope’s End, trade stations, and the Wormhole Nexus.
- Brand new technologies for all eight players, including a new never-before-seen type of tech!
- Eight new variant strategy cards for a completely different gameplay experience, and an additional variant Imperial strategy card for optional use with the core strategy set.
- An even broader array of agendas and options in the form of new Action, Political, and Objective cards
- Facilities, shock troops, artifacts, space mines, and more!